Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Louie!

Our little guy turns six today ... six years ago he was born in Nebraska to proud parents Foxy Lady's Nikki One-Legged and T-Dallas Sungirl Rebel ... as the gentleman who gave me his paperwork explained, "That's the south for ya."

I didn't intend to get a dog -- I'd contemplated it peripherally over the years, but it was not until the fateful day we locked eyes on Christopher Street, me on my way to brunch, he staring out longingly from a pile of puppies, that it became a real possibility. I know it's unfashionable to procure a pet in this way -- I should have rescued a legless 18-year-old bassett hound from death row, but Lou and I were meant to find each other. We've been through a lot -- some dark and tumultuous times -- and we have come out the better for it.

We're heading to the river to take a walk in a little while, the three of us, and tomorrow we take Louie to Sea Isle and to the beach, which he loves. If you've never witnessed a puppy discovering the beach and the ocean for the first time, I suggest doing it ... Now Lou's a bona fide frisbee-catching wave-biting sand-rolling beach dog:







We love you, Black Louie Bitey-Bitey Buchwald!

6 comments:

Lazarus said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET DOG-FACED NEphew!! You've grown into a fine young man. Love/Uncle Chi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Louie. May all your dreams come true... except, of course, the ones that make you whimper and shake your leg while sleeping; Those seem like scary ones.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweetie!!!! Happy B-Day!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweetie!!!! Happy B-Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Louie! (makes me miss Lovey)
Please consider this comment my validation to keep
writing the blog - you're both a wonderful writer and
excellent photographer.
Xoxo, your Seester

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Louie!!!!! I hope your day was filled with treats and toys galore!
xoxoxoxoxo
Love, Auntie Tracy (who has never met you in person but hopes to one day......)