Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Responsibilty

My friends,

If you are a McCain supporter -- and I don't think that McCain is an evil man -- please, I urge you as responsible and educated citizens and free-thinkers to read everything you can about Sarah Palin's politics. The Vice Presidency is a crucial role -- Dick Cheney has been a formidable and influential presence during his years in office. This is the year that the fate of many, many people in our and other countries rests upon this election -- people you know, and people you read about.

I will now be stepping down from the unusual political soapbox I've been on lately and write, mostly, about other things. I'll save the politics for lulls in cocktail party conversation and dialogues with some of the mostly foreign-born cabdrivers in this fine city.

With love, truth, and good intentions,
LLB

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to get political as well because I tend to hate all politicians, but I must say women that are "pro-life" really freak me the eff out.

Ed

Laura said...

I hear you -- but I think it's more about anti-CHOICE. Women who would advocate that rape and incest victims be forced to carry to term ... when delivery can be, as we know too well, a matter of life or death. Not often, of course, but we saw it happen under the "best" of circumstances.

Laura said...

Add the possibility of post-partum depression to that one -- and the fact that depression is the leading cause of suicide and highly common in rape or incest victims.

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's why I put "pro-life" in quotes. She's not really for life.

Anonymous said...

Palin is a "firm supporter of abstinence-only education in schools" according to CNN in 2006.[108] When running for governor in 2006, Palin wrote, "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support," in response to a questionnaire by the Eagle Forum Alaska

Karma party of two.

Ed