Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rhythm


So, today I had one of those embarrassing incidents where you're walking along purposefully, happen upon live music and, try as you might, you can't help but walk to the beat of the music. It's an organic process. Walking through a l-o-n-g corridor to the F train (okay, yes, I know) and a gentleman with a weatherbeaten violin case open for tips is playing the saxophone. And he's playing the theme to the Pink Panther (dadant dadant ... dadant ... dadant dadant dadant dadant dadaaaannnnnt ... diddle-y-boop-ah - DA da da da da da dadadada biddly bum ba) and though I was in a cranky mood and had to be somewhere and was wearing little heels, I found myself traipsing along in time to his playing. I sped up, he did. I slowed ... you get the picture. Perhaps I'm in the midst of a wacky caper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are lucky you diz not bimp into anyone, madamoiselle!

Damama T said...

and just what is WRONG with THAT??? I wouldn't have been able to resist doing a little jig if he was going to be so kind as to provide accompaniment! Of course, I LIKE being center stage... ;o)