Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mother Nature

Among many others, I inadvertantly left this shot out of the Utah line-up:

We didn't set out to go on this rather harrowing excursion in an ecologically brutal vehicle, but once there, we were hardly in a position to ask the driver to turn around. We thought we were taking a jeep to the arches; instead we scaled rocks in a Hummer. This day was henceforth dubbed The Accidental Hummer. Hilarity ensued. As did my fear of heights, which I got over relatively quickly.

It was actually kind of fun.

1 comment:

Annother Traveller said...

I like the word 'ecologically brutal vehicle', right on!
Thanks for your comments, especially in "The beginning". Took me another month to begin writing on the blog. I didn't think about authors and their 'vulnerbaility' in this context, good point. Thanks again.