Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pride

Argh -- sorry I haven't updated in almost a week! It's been a busy one since the long weekend, but that's no excuse not to write. I will do so later this evening.

In the meantime, and in the spirit of Gay Pride, which was two weekends ago, I post some photos from last year's festivities. Despite living in what was once considered a predominantly gay neighborhood (gayborhood?), this year's Pride weekend almost went by without my realizing that it was happening. Most of my gay friends skip the festivities, which I can completely understand. With the exception of those taking place in New Orleans, I do not fall into the "Everyone loves a parade" demographic. Last year, however, we were aware of the weekend and stopped by the parade to lend our support:













The moral of this post: be proud of who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WORD


Ed